• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Educational Access TV Content

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Michael Holland

I operate an educational access cable channel for a public school district. Recently I have had numerous requests to cablecast student and staff multimedia works. The projects include brief cuts from movies, play performances and popular music. Some of our administrators believe broadcasting these projects to be clear of copyright infringement since we are a non-profit station but I am not certain. They say their projects are clear under fair-use regulations which I'm sure is the case. However, in my opinion, cablecasting a video reproduction of those projects is a whole different issue. I have always denied such requests just to be safe but I'm getting a lot of pressure to air them. Does anyone have an opinion on this?

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Get a license from them to air it in gratis (free) and you will be a-okay.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">