• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help me please (CALIFORNIA)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

g_bronco

My boyfriend's house was raided, when the police came they said a 911 call had come from the house and the phone was off the hhok when they tried to call back, my boyfriend said evrything was okay and the police searched the house anyway, they looked in cabinets and drawers, they say they found a gram of crank in his room, the police officer showed it to my boyfriend and asked if it was his my boyfriend said no, the officer put it back in the cabinet and then when the search warrant came they picked it up again, is all of this legal?? the cabinet was in my boyfriends room, unfortuantly my boyfriends house has been the Party House, so i am not surprised they had been watching the place, my boyfriend has 2 felonies on his record, none of which are drug crimes, what are our options if any, by the way he did test clean

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

It all depends on if the original entry into the home and then the subsequent search without a warrant was legal.

Your best bet -- have a criminal defense attorney bring a motion to exclude all of this based on illegal search and seizure and see if the charges will be dismissed this way.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">