• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Outrageous employer conduct

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dazysnow

According to Missouri law, if a supervisor gives you overtime hours in excess of those actually worked (this being done with the employees knowlege, but not at his specific request), and later asks you to do work assignments assigned to him in return for these "extra hours", or implies that his subordinat should do his assigned work, would this constitute embezzlement? Also, if same supervisor becomes beligerent and issues veiled threats if we are unable to do his assignments at what point does this become extortion. Are there any cases or state and federal laws which address this type of outrageous behavior?

Since this is taking place in a MO school, and since this supervisor is a tall, muscular fellow with a wrestling background (not professional wrestling, but school) at what point does this become coersion. Is there anything I shoud do now against the advent that this situation deteriorates into a full blown legal suit?

D

D. D. Lessenberry

Are you a teacher? Are you support staff? Is he some type of administrator, such as principal, vice principal, director (vocational)?

My first thoughts are to contact your union rep, if you are in one.

Good luck to you. Hope a real attorney answers.

D

dazysnow

I am a custodian and the fellow whose job I'm doing is head custodian. There is no union.

B

buddy2bear

You accepted overtime pay and you did not work the overtime?

If this is so, then you don't have "clean hands" either because you accepted the money for work not performed. What he is doing is "blackmailing" you.

D

dazysnow

Yes, it is true I did accept this check, thinking it to be some type of bonus which my supervisor had arranged for doing a good job, and not as something which would later be thrown in my face. In the future I plan to keep a separate record of my actual hours worked and if my supervisor says "you can go home early if you want" I will stay the full 8 hours so as not to be beholden to him. Imagine! Being involved in "white collar crime" at the custodial level!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">