• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can they really do that?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CScott281

What is the name of your state? Texas

I work in as a Customer Service Rep for a major corporation. Recently another CSR and I put in an application for a property management team position (Each property is managed by 2 individuals usually a couple, they don't require they be married and they are generally very accommodating of anything that might be a "diversity issue" with other companies. The relationship between myself and the other CSR is strictly platonic/professional. We were told by our supervisor today that we are not elligible for a team position because we are not romantically involved. This does not sound legal to me. . . but I am having trouble finding any information that applies to our "unique" situation.

Any help or information would be Greatly appreciated.

C.Scott

turbowray

hmmm

couldnt this fall under discrimination laws,like sexual orientation i.e not being gay lol! It is the boss telling them since they are not gay and sexually engaged that they can not have this position,why should it only be if they are gay that it would be discrimination lol...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">