• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sexual Harrasment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mikeL

What is the name of your state? Michigan

okay long story,

I work at Wendy's and we recently got a new assistent manager (maybe 3-4 months ago) and ever since then hes been sexual harrassing my Girlfriend (grabing her leg sometiems, holding her, saying sexual things like "your boobs look nice, may i touch them?" "You have a great body you should work as a striper" "You like making people hard, you like making me hard don't you" and more stuff, and shes told him no and to stop plenty of times. Recently i've got her to get enough courage to tell our General Manager and District manager, they dealt with it (not sure how but they said they would) then it happened again less than a week after that. Now she went to tell them again and this time they made it so She isn't able to work with him alone (she has to work with another manager also if hes there) and they can't do nothing without a witness because its "his word vs hers"

is that totaly legal? i mean if thats true I could go to some girl, grab her butt and she couldn't do nothing because there was no "witness"

Thanks!

BelizeBreeze

mikeL said:
What is the name of your state? Michigan

okay long story,

I work at Wendy's and we recently got a new assistent manager (maybe 3-4 months ago) and ever since then hes been sexual harrassing my Girlfriend (grabing her leg sometiems, holding her, saying sexual things like "your boobs look nice, may i touch them?" "You have a great body you should work as a striper" "You like making people hard, you like making me hard don't you" and more stuff, and shes told him no and to stop plenty of times. Recently i've got her to get enough courage to tell our General Manager and District manager, they dealt with it (not sure how but they said they would) then it happened again less than a week after that. Now she went to tell them again and this time they made it so She isn't able to work with him alone (she has to work with another manager also if hes there) and they can't do nothing without a witness because its "his word vs hers"

is that totaly legal? i mean if thats true I could go to some girl, grab her butt and she couldn't do nothing because there was no "witness"

Thanks!
How old is your girlfriend?

BelizeBreeze

mikeL said:
18 years old
Then there's nothing more she can do but quit or file a formal SH complaint with your state's department of Labor.

Michigan Department of Human Rights
http://www.michigan.gov/mdcr

Michigan Department of Human Rights
State of Michigan Plaza Bldg., 6th Flr.
1200 Sixth Ave.
Detroit, MI 48226
Phone: (313) 256-2663
Fax: (313) 256-2167
WATS: (800) 482-3604
TDD: (313) 961-1552

Minnesota

mitousmom

Management's responsibility in sexual harassment matters is to conduct an inquiry into the allegation of sexual harassment and take steps to prevent the recurrence of the objectionable behavior. It appears that management has done that. It seems that Wendy's approach is to make sure your girlfriend is never alone with the guy. I guess they assume that the guy won't approach your girlfriend while the other manager is there or if he does, the other manager will see it. This arrangement may end the problem; if not, and the guy continues with his objectionable behavior, she needs to report it to management.

What is it that you want management to do?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">