• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Used Turbo Car Nightmare!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

legendary94gs

What is the name of your state? WA/CA

To summarize (and hopefully be brief) I purchased a car from WA (I am in CA). I signed an as-is no warranty. The dealership says...

Honesty and integrity are two words infrequently associated with typical "car dealers". We pride ourselves on our reputation, which means guaranteed "full disclosure" and we will never overstate or misrepresent anything we sell. So many cars today are not what they appear: mileage fraud, repaints, and even highly modified cars returned to stock and sold as never modified are just a few common misrepresentations. We do our homework so you don't have to; we have a Certified Master Diagnostic Technician we utilize to thoroughly evaluate prospective vehicles. We will never purchase a car with even the remotest possibility of mileage abuse and rarely obtain cars that have prior accidents/paint work of any kind (and if so it will be disclosed). We search for cars that are collector quality and in the condition the most meticulous buyers will be extremely satisfied with.

they disclosed a tranny problem which I was expecting...but as the car is looked over here in california I have two bad cylinders and bad turbos that will cost me about $15k to fix...

do I have any recourse at all? I spoke with the owner and he assured me that he will help me research and that he sticks to his company's philosophy and said that the car had three thorough inspections.

Any help that can be provided would be great

You Are Guilty

legendary94gs said:
What is the name of your state? WA/CA

To summarize (and hopefully be brief) I purchased a car from WA (I am in CA). I signed an as-is no warranty. The dealership says...

Honesty and integrity are two words infrequently associated with typical "car dealers". We pride ourselves on our reputation, which means guaranteed "full disclosure" and we will never overstate or misrepresent anything we sell. So many cars today are not what they appear: mileage fraud, repaints, and even highly modified cars returned to stock and sold as never modified are just a few common misrepresentations. We do our homework so you don't have to; we have a Certified Master Diagnostic Technician we utilize to thoroughly evaluate prospective vehicles. We will never purchase a car with even the remotest possibility of mileage abuse and rarely obtain cars that have prior accidents/paint work of any kind (and if so it will be disclosed). We search for cars that are collector quality and in the condition the most meticulous buyers will be extremely satisfied with.

they disclosed a tranny problem which I was expecting...but as the car is looked over here in california I have two bad cylinders and bad turbos that will cost me about $15k to fix...

do I have any recourse at all? I spoke with the owner and he assured me that he will help me research and that he sticks to his company's philosophy and said that the car had three thorough inspections.

Any help that can be provided would be great
Which part of the "as-is" wasn't clear? The "as" or the "is"? Either way, is it safe to assume you didn't conduct your own inspection of the vehicle before purchase? (Because if you did, and the mechanic failed to pick up on the problems, that would be the only, albeit remote, person you could go after).

The dealer's advertising doesn't constitute a contract or a warranty.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">