• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

abandoned property ? can I sell ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ooboo

Hi,
I'm in NC and I'm new to this list. My husband left over 2 years ago, we'er not legally separated or divorced, haven't seen him at all in over a year, no contact. That's ok, but when he left I was working a part-time low paying job, something I enjoyed doing and thought I could afford to do then, of course now it's just me, better job now, full time but a real struggle for the last 2 years, and still week to week making ends meet. While we were married his dad died in another state, I went up with him, helped clean, ect. he wanted to bring back an old tractor so I helped do that, driving back 16 hours pulling this trailer. Anyway when he left, the property was mine before we met, he left the tractor here. The last time we talked about it at all was after Hurricane Floyd when I told him that if he wanted it he should move it as soon as he could before it was ruined, he knows the back half of this property floods big time in hurricanes. That was the last time I talked to him, he has not gotten it, hasn't come up to cut the weeds down around it, cover it up with a tarp, nothing. Can I go ahead and legally sell this tractor ? I know some people that would like to have it to restore and it appears to me that it doesn't mean anything to him if he won't even cover it up or cut the weeds down. It's out in the weather, I don't have a building to put it in, weeds as high as tractor , I can use the money and it'd be one less thing for me to try to mow around and worry about here. It's been like that since he left , over 2 years ago, can I sell it ? I don't want to get into trouble legally for doing it, don't care about making him mad at this point, marriage is over, I just don't have the money to get a divorce yet. Thanks, Oboo PS , no alimony, no children, no settlements, just over.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">