• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

legalities

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Marcellus

What is the name of your state? Florida
My wife and I are filing for no contest divorce. We have agreed that I will keep our home. The woman I will soon be marrying has agreed to " give " me the 250k so I can either buy or build my wife a new home. Her money came from her divorce settlement a year ago. Not knowing what the tax , and or whatever legal implications are involved, our plan is to draw up a promissary note that I will pay her back at some point. Then, when we get married that " loan " will cancel itself out due to our marital status, and my now ex-wife will have her new home and everyone involved will be happy. Is this legitimate?

moburkes

Wrong Section

Marcellus said:
What is the name of your state? Florida
My wife and I are filing for no contest divorce. We have agreed that I will keep our home. The woman I will soon be marrying has agreed to " give " me the 250k so I can either buy or build my wife a new home. Her money came from her divorce settlement a year ago. Not knowing what the tax , and or whatever legal implications are involved, our plan is to draw up a promissary note that I will pay her back at some point. Then, when we get married that " loan " will cancel itself out due to our marital status, and my now ex-wife will have her new home and everyone involved will be happy. Is this legitimate?
You have started a thread under "Environmental & Toxic Torts". You should probably move your thread to get a response.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">