• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Arrested

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sampson

I am 19 years old, and I live in Connecticut. I was arrested the other day for setting off a fire alarm at school. I did so by putting a lit cigarette butt in the smoke detector. My charge is Arson in the first degree which i dont understand b/c i had no intention of setting a fire, and nothing did catch fire. I was under the influence of alcohcol when I did this combined with medications that I am on (prozac and adderall). I am really scared whats going to happen to me. I cant go to jail! please help me! Thank you so much!
Mark

N

nuyuky

These people are ruthless. Here's what you do;

1. They are going to tell you to take all the harp objects out of your pockets.

2. they will read you your rights.

3. they will punish you according to your crime.

4. do as they say and bend over and kiss you **** good-bye!

Just kidding. First of all, they trumpted the charges so they use that to make deals. If you are smart, you won't fall for that. Instead, you will fight your case if you want to. Intimidation is what they will use to scare you into a plea. If you are smart, you won't fall for that. Look up the definition of arson and the statute inder which you were charged. The establishment must prove the elements of the crime committed. Please research those elements. If they are not there, then the crime of arson cannot be, or amount to a conviction, legally. Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">