• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

vehicle disabled in thirty days

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jjs642

What is the name of your state? virginia, i purchased a used 2000 ford taurus on 4/15/06,i had to have 300.00 worth of brake and rotor work done and 1500.00 to rebuil the transmission.which was covered under the thirty day warranty.now the car is making all kinds of noises under the hood.they are making me wait a whole week before they will even look at it.in the meantime i'm without a car because i'm afraid to drive it .i do not want to be broke down on the side of the road .should i pay my next payment?What is the name of your state?

Happy Trails

justalayman said:
yes! Why wouldn't you ?
Because OP is afraid of the car...... and**************... and**************...... and......

Jjs642, welcome to the real world....

Did you have your own mechanic check out the car before you agreed to purchase it?

jjs642

sounds like this advice is from used car salesmen.i am not going to pay them a damn thing,and by the way justalayman i receive social security:)

justalayman

jjs642 said:
sounds like this advice is from used car salesmen.i am not going to pay them a damn thing,and by the way justalayman i receive social security:)
What does SS have to do with your contract to make the payments on the car.

The fact the car is having problems does not alleviate your responsibility to continue making the payments you agreed to make.

Is the loan even being carried by the dealership?

I do understand your frustration and possibly even anger but it does not change the fact you are legally required to continue the payments unless there is something in your contract to allow withholding of payments in a situation such as this.

averad

jjs642 said:
How many times a day do you scream "Darn kids get off my lawn"

Get out your contract and read it, when you find a section that is relevant to your situation post it here.

You still did not comment on what inspection YOU had done to the car before purchase.

Last edited:

jjs642

the laws pertaining to used car buyers are not fair in the first place ,because if they were ,the dealer should have to answer to why he is selling so called certified vehicles that break down in less than a month.i believe they knew the car was a lemon.they are dishonest people to do that.i feel very justified in not honoring the contract.they cant place a garnishment on social security checks.i only receive a small check and they want me to pay for a vehicle that has broken down in thirty days.i am not a dishonest person but that dealership can kiss my ass to the redgap

justalayman

the laws pertaining to used car buyers are not fair in the first place ,because if they were ,the dealer should have to answer to why he is selling so called certified vehicles that break down in less than a month
that would be the age old law of "caveat emptor"

.i believe they knew the car was a lemon.they are dishonest people to do that.
That is why they are listed as one of the most untrusted people in the country.
i feel very justified in not honoring the contract.
You may feel justified but legally you are wrong.
they cant place a garnishment on social security checks
Ok, is this the only income. Is there any cash around that you may not be able to prove came from SS?
.i only receive a small check
If you put it in a copier and use the "enlarge" feature, it will be bigger.

and they want me to pay for a vehicle that has broken down in thirty days.i
Yes they do because you agreed to.
am not a dishonest person
Your intent proves otherwise.
but that dealership can kiss my ass to the redgap[/
I doubt you will get any takers. They will probably "hassle" you with things like repo, court proceedings, "mistakenly" seized bank accounts, and a myriad of other fun things.

The fact you have limited income is the biggest reason you need to be careful with your purchases. If you failed to exercise your due diligence and have the car inspected by an independant mechanic, you have no one to blame more than yourself. Sorry but it's true.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">