• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Discovery

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Maovengian

What is the name of your state? Illinois

This was my best guest under which catagory this would be under so sorry if it is the wrong one.

About 2 years ago at a job I once had I had recieved a phone call from the manager of the store telling me that another employee was going to be busted for selling marijuana out the trunk of his car and that she just wanted to let me know before I came into work.

At about 2 hours into the **** the kid who was to be busted left for his break and another employee (whose dad is a cop and set all this up) called his father and told him that the kid was leaving on break and that then was a good time to bust him.

When the kid who was going to get arrested came back from his break his probation officer and a policemen walked in and searched his car recovering about a quarter pound of pot.

Well I haven't seen the kid since that happened and about 2 weeks ago I saw him at a store. We got to talking and he said that my name was on the "Discovery" papers saying that I was the person that told on him.

I had nothing to do with it and I quickly told him that in which he believed me then he showed me the papers and my name -was- on there.

Is it legal for my name to be put on there when I had nothing to do with it. Was the father of the employee who got him arresed just trying to protect his own son by doing this?

I know this is a bit confusing

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">