• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No-Fault in Georgia

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

PattiQue

My husband and I are going to try to file a no-fault divorce-doing the paperwork ourselves to save money. Almost all the bills and loans are in my name since I had better credit. He wants to assume these in the divorce papers. Is this possible? Would he actually be responsible for anything that he isn't signed jointly to? I really need some advice about this! Thanks

L

LadyBlu

PattiQue said:
My husband and I are going to try to file a no-fault divorce-doing the paperwork ourselves to save money. Almost all the bills and loans are in my name since I had better credit. He wants to assume these in the divorce papers. Is this possible? Would he actually be responsible for anything that he isn't signed jointly to? I really need some advice about this! Thanks
This site will give you all the information you need regarding GA state laws on divorce:

http://www.divorcesource.com/GA/index.shtml

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">