• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is lying legal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

KIM DANIELS

What is the name of your state? IL

If an employer lies about why an employee was laid off/fired is there anything that can be done about it?

S

shell007

KIM DANIELS said:
What is the name of your state? IL

If an employer lies about why an employee was laid off/fired is there anything that can be done about it?
Your former employer is entitled to his/her opinion.

Quit waisting time and start looking for another job.

I'm sure the the reason you were laid off/fired was justified.

KIM DANIELS

shell007 said:
Your former employer is entitled to his/her opinion.

Quit waisting time and start looking for another job.

I'm sure the the reason you were laid off/fired was justified.

actually, the real reason i was laid off was NOT justified, but it is my word (and other employees who know what happened) against the employer**************doing something "mandated by law" should not be a reason, but it was, and the employer stated a false reason**************.i have it in writing**************..(and by the way, its wasting time not waisting)

S

shell007

KIM DANIELS said:
actually, the real reason i was laid off was NOT justified, but it is my word (and other employees who know what happened) against the employer**************doing something "mandated by law" should not be a reason, but it was, and the employer stated a false reason**************.i have it in writing**************..(and by the way, its wasting time not waisting)

BTW: YOU (PROBABLY DESERVED) TO BE FIRED (laid off ) :rolleyes: !!!

Oh....and....Lose your attitude, and maybe you'll get more responses.

S

shell007

Shay-Pari'e said:
Look, they didn't want you there. Get another job.
Maybe she'll understand/comprehend better if we type in a different language! :D

mitousmom

If your employer terminated your employment because you made a report mandated by law, you should contact the agency that enforces the law and see if it provides any protection from retaliation by your employer. The federal anti-discrimination laws protect those who report violations of the federal anti-discrimination laws. You didn't report a violation of anything illegal under the anti-discrimination laws, so your employer's actions aren't covered by them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">