• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Problems with roofing contractor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dz43

What is the name of your state? Illinois
Having a problem with a roofing and siding company. They had gone door to door after a hail storm in our area. We had significant damage to our home and had already had the home inspected by our insurance company. State Farm only approved a portionof the repairs and I brought in a contractor who said they could get all the repairs approved. After 3 months of them trying to work with State Farm the claim was closed and State Farm would not approve any additional work. The contractor also at this time stopped returning my calls to try and reslove this. This all started in 9/2005. In late 2/2006 I after months of chasing State Farm got them reopen the file and I was able to get the additional work approved. I also choose another cotractor at this point based on a lack of response from the original contractor. Long story short after having the work completed I recieved a letter from the first contractor stating I owed him the value of 1/2 the completed repairs. Not sure how he incurred such an expense since they only came to my home once and were not out of pocket anything other than 1 hour of time. Looking for any advice on how to handle this situation. Thanks.What is the name of your state?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">