• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Court Cases against Company

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Wrongfully So

What is the name of your state?

I have been told "off the record" by a superiors assistant that she has overheard conversations regarding how to terminate me for failing an internal audit.I have documented a case of discrimination over the last year after failed attempts to seek actions from company. If I file suit are current employees protected from retailiation if they testify in my defense? How can I locate former employees? Where can I find similiar court cases against the company to use as reference? Where can I find statistical information regarding the companys hiring/firing practices?

Thank you for your help. I know I will need to contact an attorney to file the case but want to begin researching my options/rights. The company is CitiGroup/CitiFinancial.

mitousmom

If you are alleging discrimination under the federal anti-discrimination statutes, you will need to file an administrative complaint with EEOC or your state human rights agency. EEOC can provide you with information on the protections provided under the statutes and your rights under the EEO laws. Further, if EEOC's believes your case has merit, it will conduct an investigation to determine whether discrimination occurred. EEOC is in a better position to determine what evidence is necessary to establish discrimination in your case.

You can contact EEOC at 1-800-669-4000 or visit its website at www.eeoc.gov.

You didn't provide your state. However, most states have human rights agency.

BelizeBreeze

Wrongfully So said:
What is the name of your state?

I have been told "off the record" by a superiors assistant that she has overheard conversations regarding how to terminate me for failing an internal audit.I have documented a case of discrimination over the last year after failed attempts to seek actions from company. If I file suit are current employees protected from retailiation if they testify in my defense? How can I locate former employees? Where can I find similiar court cases against the company to use as reference? Where can I find statistical information regarding the companys hiring/firing practices?

Thank you for your help. I know I will need to contact an attorney to file the case but want to begin researching my options/rights. The company is CitiGroup/CitiFinancial.
U.S. LAW ONLY!:rolleyes:

mlane58

Wrongfully So said:
Does anyone know where I can find similiar complaints against the company?
How would anyone know that, we don't know the name of the company and please don't give it to us as we are not going to research it for you. Thats what you need to hire an attorney for.

mitousmom

You probably are only going to be able to locate lawsuits against your company. Administrative complaints filed with EEOC are confidential.

You are probably going to need access to a legal research database like Westlaw or Lexus to locate employment discrimination lawsuits against your company. Both, however, are accessible only with subscriptions. You might check with your local library to see if it has a subscription.

I really think you've got the "cart before the horse." You need to consult with EEOC or a state human rights agency first. Neither require that you compile statistics or provide relevant case law to file a complaint. They have the knowledge about the law and proving discrimination, which you don't have, and they have the resources they need to obtain the information and evidence to establish a violation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">