• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Attorney Negligence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Wilma Adams

What is the name of your state? Illinois
I hired an attorney to represent me in a lawsuit involving a forged signature on a car loan. The lender made an offer of settlement which I would have taken but it was never advised to me, and my attorney refused the settlement. This was 10 years ago and we are now facing bankruptcy due to what the car dealer said was breach of contract. Is this a legitimate negligence on my attorney's part and can I sue him or file negligence charges against him. The lawsuit went to trial in 2000 and my attorney lost the case.

CALIF-LAWPRO-40

Wilma Adams said:
What is the name of your state? Illinois
I hired an attorney to represent me in a lawsuit involving a forged signature on a car loan. The lender made an offer of settlement which I would have taken but it was never advised to me, and my attorney refused the settlement. This was 10 years ago and we are now facing bankruptcy due to what the car dealer said was breach of contract. Is this a legitimate negligence on my attorney's part and can I sue him or file negligence charges against him. The lawsuit went to trial in 2000 and my attorney lost the case.

My response:

No, not now! Any applicable Statute of Limitations has expired long ago. Why have you been sitting on your hands for so many years? Actually, that's a rhetorical question, not requiring an answer.

The fact remains - - it's over. Stick a fork in it, you're done.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">