• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

nepotism policy?!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

disiredone

What is the name of your state? washington state

I was working for a company for two years, as well as my mother. we were hired by two different people. WE both grew in the company and became managament. After two years of employment the CEO of the company Decide to put into affect the nepotism policy in the company and fired me because of it. Do i have any legal stance for wrongful termanation or anything?

seniorjudge

disiredone said:
What is the name of your state? washington state

I was working for a company for two years, as well as my mother. we were hired by two different people. WE both grew in the company and became managament. After two years of employment the CEO of the company Decide to put into affect the nepotism policy in the company and fired me because of it. Do i have any legal stance for wrongful termanation or anything?
If you have no contract, you are an employee at will and can be fired for any reason or no reason.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
A wrongful termination means that there is a specific law which was violated by firing you.

Since no law says that an employee cannot fire you because they have implemented a nepotism policy and keeping you would violate the policy, the answer to your question is, no.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">