• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is there anything i can do????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cdstone29

What is the name of your state? texas

less than 14 days ago, i purchased a 2002 dodge intrepid from a local dodge dealership. less than twelve hours after signing the papers, i found a few problems. for one, the window washer pump was broken and can only get the part from the dealership. i went back to talk to the salesman and he told me then that when i brought it back on monday to get the paint on the hood fixed, they would take care of it. when monday came, i reminded them of the pump and once again was assured that it would be taken care of. i also informed them of some other problems but they told me that they couldn't get in shop for another week. their idea of fixing the paint was apply hardner so it wouldn't flake anymore, a far cry from the original proclamation that i wouldn't be able to notice it. this dealership proclaims that it does a "101 point inspection of all used cars" today i found out that all the transmission hoses must be replaced, radiator must be replace, washer pump must be replaced, and drivers side window motor must be replaced and i'll have to pay for it all. this upset me because i hadn't had the car long enough to even go through a full tank of gas. the salesman and finance manager assured me i wouldn't have to pay a dime, but i'm not to sure myself. does the lemon law apply here or is there some other way i could just my money or my trade in back and leave them their car if they don't live up to their end of the bargain. any advice would be appreciated. thanks
cdstone29

racer72

Why didn't the independant mechanic you had inspect the car prior to your purchase find all these problems? If you say you didn't have it inspected, there is your biggest problem. If you bought the car "as-is", it is up to you to fix any problems you find.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">