• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto S

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

crc9998

Auto Service Contract

Hello...I, also posted this topic in the Contracts section of the boards, but have not gotten a response, so I thought I had maybe posted it in the wrong spot. We live in California.

When we purchased a vehicle back in March of 2000, we also purchased the service contract to go with it. About 5 months ago, the van started having problems. When we called the service contract company, they told us that they had no information regarding our policy with them. For the next 4 months, we battled trying to find out what was going on...the dealership said that they had submitted it, but the service contract comapany said they had never received it. Finally, we got in direct contact with the service contract companies sales rep, that handled the dealership. She said that apparently, the dealership had submitted the contract but, never paid the fees for it. After a long talk with the dealership, we were told by the dealership and the sales rep, that the fees had been paid.

Well, now the van is in desparate need of being looked at, so we called the service contract company, and again, were told that they had no information on us. My husband, called the sales rep, she then informed him, that the company rejected it, because the dealer had taken so long to process the money and paperwork (the dealership never bothered to inform us). So, now here we sit, no service contract (that is reflected on our contract), the van in desparate need of getting fixed, and the dealership holding/using our money, and the owner of the dealership (supposedly the only one that can help us) is gone for the next 2 weeks on holiday!!!

My questions are...is it possible to take the to small claims court for the money, if he does not pay us??? Also, is there any possibility of us being able to sue them and get them to cover the expenses that the service contract would have covered on the vehicle??? We are needing some things looked at, that would proabley cost well over the $742, we paid for the service contract, plus we would proabley need to get a rental car (that was also covered on the service contract). It was the dealerships' fault that this has even happened...if they would have processed the paperwork, in the first place, when the vehicle was purchased, there would have been no problem!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">