• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Underage Drummer for Band That Play 21+ Clubs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MusicMan410

What is the name of your state? Illinois

I am a leader of a rock/blues band that plays in 21+ clubs and bars. I am considering allowing a 17 year old drummer protégé to play in my band. (all other members are 21+) I am unsure if there is an issue with this considering he is part of the band and will not consume alcohol in any establishment while playing with my band.

If there is an issue who is at fault? Him, me... would a bar potentially be shut down?

Thank you!

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
This isn't really an employment law issue. You might want to try in the Juvenile forum.

seniorjudge

MusicMan410 said:
What is the name of your state? Illinois

I am a leader of a rock/blues band that plays in 21+ clubs and bars. I am considering allowing a 17 year old drummer protégé to play in my band. (all other members are 21+) I am unsure if there is an issue with this considering he is part of the band and will not consume alcohol in any establishment while playing with my band.

If there is an issue who is at fault? Him, me... would a bar potentially be shut down?

Thank you!
You have to comply with the state's liquor laws. If you are not allowed in a bar when you are 17 years old, then you will not be allowed in a bar.

turbowray

i will first start out by saying i am from oregon so olcc laws may differ

In the state of oregon,a minor in a band that is performing,may come in and go straight to the stage and perform and go straight out,nothing else!! Oh,except go to the bathroom lol...if the minor is found on the floor talking with someone and olcc comes in,yes they will be held responsible and the kid may be fined too. It is the same for underage dancers at a strip club,they can come in and then perform and leave...there is a limit of time also that they can be there....but like i said im from oregon not your state and every state differs...call up olcc and ask,they wont mind giving you definate answers!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">