• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Expectant father facing possible job discrimination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rupachristy

What is the name of your state? California

My company is moving from California to Texas. Many employees will be laid off. They have offered us retention pay as an incentive to continuing working until the end of July. My wife and I are expecting a baby in the beginning of July. I wanted to take about 2 weeks off when the baby is born under Paid Disability Leave and Family Medical Leave Act after I had used my sick days (only about 3 days) in order to care for my wife and bond with my newborn. I have been informed by our HR dept. that any leave I take after sick leave will result in a reduction of my retention bonus, essentially prorated for the length of time I take off. Is this legal?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">