• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hostile work enviroment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

Frustratedinohio

NEED HELP ! HOSTILE WORK ENVIRONMENT

I am a female in a tradionally male field. I work in a parts department in a heavy truck dealership. I have been in this business for almost twenty years but it has always been cars not semi truck parts I've sold. My problem is that the other person who works in this department treats me very bad.He will go days with out saying a word to me and then it is usually to yell at me about a mistake. He is not in a position of any authority in this department. Part of his job is to train me in this position. He will not help me in any way. My department manager does nothing about this situation nor does the general manager of parts and service ,(after talking to him about it several times),do anything about this. I know he would not, nor has he treated any male he's work with in this manner. It is a very tense situation and very stressful. He is also the one who recomended me for this job. Its all I can do to go to work anymore. When I first started in this business I faced alot of predjudice from men but never anything like this. Can you tell me what I can do about this situation.

Thank you for your attention

Please, can someone give me a reply to this,I don't know what to do...

[Edited by Frustratedinohio on 12-21-2000 at 08:21 AM]

M

montyanderson

You really have 2 choices: 1) Pursue an attorney for discrimination based on sex.
2) If youre not willing to do that, You have to level with yourself and no there is literally nothing that you can do to change anything if the management is satisfied being a male shauvenistic operation.

Good Luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">