• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Harrasment and mentally ill people at work.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wiseone

What is the name of your state? CA
Hi,

I have been working in a small company for almost 3 years. Because of all the stress and harrasment at my work i have taken almost 30 days of in the last year. Basically i get harrased every week about drugs. And also about my sex life etc. I will give you an example. A coworker comes up to me and asked me if i was "going to do drugs on the weekend." i was asked if i do "pole dancing as a hobby, scince you must be a prositute".

And another guy from the previous month embarrasess me by asking me if my otherhalf is good between the sheets (in bed), Infront of the boss as well as infront of other co workers when we where celebrating anothers employees birthday. And another co worker asked me if i did cocaine on the weekend twice.

Asking me what i do on weekends , where my TV is situated in the house. Where i am going to lunch and who with. To the point of what i eat everyday. if i wear skimpy clothes behind closed doors.

Another problem is that one sales employee feels that he has the right to touch me when he pleases even though i tell him NOT to. One time i was sitting at my desk doing work and this male coworker stands behind me as gives me a shoulder massage (i am female and engaged and he knows this). I told him not touch me again and i pushed him away. Previously he tried to grab my arm and pull me close to him when i was in the hall way. I told him to stop and walked away. He also tried to smell my perfume only to look down my top.

My tasks where also reduced to the point where all i did everyday was make phone calls to clients (mind numbing phone calls 200 - 400) and then when theres a job to be completed at the last minute 4.40 pm they pass the job on to me , and then one of the ladies come over to have a chat with me, when shes knows that i am busy trying to finnish my work. So i dont finnish it on time. I dont get paid over time when working after hours.

Also when i first started working at this job. After my lunch break my boss asked me is i had "****ed my "other half" in the bushes" on my lunch break. This suprised me as i didnt think bosses talked to thier employees like that .

Also they hired this young girl who came from a mental insitution (because of her drug habbits). I am not trained to work with a mental patient. (in my oppinon as a worker i do not know why the phsyciatrist let her out! )

She passes alot of wind (Farting) continously and the smell made me throw up every day, she wold stand up from her chair walk over to my desk and fart in my direction. I explained to my supervisor that she dose this and she pasically told me that she thinks its a one of thing. But it happened EVERY DAY.

Everyday i would smell her fart on my clothes, i would drive home thowing up, i couldnt sit next to her while training her. Also there was another time I was training her and she put her hands in her pants scratched her crotch and then touched her mouse. Then she would ask me to show her using her mouse how to do the job. This is where i ran out of the office crying because i couldnt take it any more.

On top of that this girl talks readlly loudly on purpose and places her self in your personal space when talking to you. One time in her mental state she jumped at me threanting to stab me with the pen. A

Also when i trained her i was told by her that my manager "told her to do it differently and i am doing the job wrong" everytime i trained her on something. Also when i am trainning her i am disrespected by her because she makes personal phone calls in the middle of my explanations , jumps up to make coffee to waste me time .Not only that i have to repet things to her over and over again.

My supervisor also gave me incorrect information on pricings which i found out later from another co worker. I also found that my work was being sabotaged (information changed when i had SAVED the file before i leave). Another time i made a mistake in a document and she said in a soft voice "its not working because your to **** in the head" . And calling me a bitch in a soft voice because i told one client that i helped my supervisor complete a job.

Do i have a case as i feel i have been harrased by my workers , and been abuse phsyically. mentally and verbally by people in this organisation. I quit this job one month ago due to depression from being there and didnt state this in the resignation letter. Should i sue this company ? Considering that all of the 4 managers where in the office at the time this all happened and didnt do anything about it ?

weenor

Nothing you have posted rises to the level of actionable harassment under Federal Law. However, I think if you look in the mirror you may discover, who is ACTUALLY mentally ill. The are several disorders that come to mind when reading your post.

wiseone

How so

How so ?

How am i mentally ill ? all i did while i was working there was trying to do my job, but instead have people harrass me continuosly while i am doing my job. Not only that i had to deal with a phsycopath which came out fresh from an mental institution who is there to piss everyone off on the company mostly me .

Please state to me what have i posted that makes me sound mentally ill? I do suffer from depresssion but thats about it.

enjay

You ran out of the office crying because someone scratched her crotch then used the mouse, and you threw up repeatedly because someone farted near you. You seem a bit unstable.

wiseone

well

yes in the middle of me training her she put her hands in her pants (All the way in her pants) scratched her crotch leaving pubic hair on the table and touched her mouse and then asked me to use the mouse to show her what i said or explained.

I mean honestly would you think in an normal office environment if someone did that infront of you, you would think thats a normal thing and proceed to touch the mouse. ? The reason why i ran out crying was because i was fed up of her stupidy and having to deal with this phscyopath and all that previous months and when she did that action "i was going to blow up at her". I couldnt take it anymore. No one was helping me just ignoring what i was saying to them.

Belive me this is a job which had no union or HR to speak to. This is all true. There is so much more i can tell you about this job that i worked in. Thats why i quit this job. HEr fart smellt like a dead cat. My supervisor and accountant friend which was next to me was gagging and vomiting in the toilets with me because soon enough they smelt it too. It was horrendous

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
An alternate solution to running out of the room crying, might have been to get a paper towel and some Lysol, clean the mouse, and then go about your business.

wiseone

Yes

Thats a great temporary solution for that moment , but what does a person to do rectify the situation as a whole? Victims cant just say yes i will deal with it and hope that the problem goes away, because it never does.The abuser gets away with it. And the victim is the one who quits the job, gets depression from incidents like this.

I am sure you would be rational to say "just wipe it with lysol" when you are not subjected to this treatment everyday. Im sure you not be so rational if you were in situations similar to this, and being victimised constanly by your peers every day.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
And who decided to be a victim? They're behaving like this because they get a kick out of seeing how easy it is to push your buttons. Stop making it so much fun for them. Grow a backbone, for pete's sake.

eerelations

You mentioned in one of your posts that you've quit this job...so what's the problem? It seems to me you've resolved it...

mlane58

eerelations said:
You mentioned in one of your posts that you've quit this job...so what's the problem? It seems to me you've resolved it...
Cash Cow or lottery win comes to mind

mlane58

eerelations said:
Ain't gonna happen, as far as I know you vcan't sue a company or people that exist only in your own mind.
It can, if the OP is having a dream sequence event, then aynone she wants gets to exist.

wiseone

funny that

its funny how you lawyers and other people who have posted , thinking that this is a joke. If it was a joke i wouldnt has posted here for advise.

This is a small company which only started 5 years ago , and beleive me i never thought i would have to be subjected to this idiotic behaviour whilest at work.

Its hard to belive that this could have happened in a job, as i know that in other work place environment which i have worked in before was nothing like this. They were more mature mined people. Also majority of the members in this company that i have posted about above, addmitted to being on drugs ie. Marijuana , exstacy and cocaine.

The girl with the mental disorder which farted all day was a drug addict and her mother was too. She was in an institution which she was reciveing elcetric shocks to the brain, for phsycosis , dilusions , paranoia and hyperactivity.

But beleive me it happened . Why would i make this up.

And also about 14 people who where in the company or had started at the same time i did , all left in the same year in a 6 month peroid. Isnt that strange ?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">