• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unauthorized dumping

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TABBY411

What is the name of your state? Ohio

I purchased a new home in April and the builder had part of the yard to finish seeding. It was prepared for seed and I had removed many rocks. The other day a truck dumps several loads of dirty fill ( bricks,rocks,lumber, dirt) from another site. I never authorized this nor would I for anything worse than topsoil. They even admitted they dumped it in the wrong spot but then went ahead and knocked down the piles and spread it out before speaking with me in person and after saying they would do nothing more without discussing it with me. I consider this an unauthorized and illegal dump on my private property and now I am stuck with this mess and no one with the builder will respond to my attempts. Do I have any legal recourse? Should I file a police report even though it started a week ago? What agency would help me as a victim of an illegal dump?

Thanks.

HappyHusband

TABBY411 said:
What is the name of your state? Ohio

I purchased a new home in April and the builder had part of the yard to finish seeding. It was prepared for seed and I had removed many rocks. The other day a truck dumps several loads of dirty fill ( bricks,rocks,lumber, dirt) from another site. I never authorized this nor would I for anything worse than topsoil. They even admitted they dumped it in the wrong spot but then went ahead and knocked down the piles and spread it out before speaking with me in person and after saying they would do nothing more without discussing it with me. I consider this an unauthorized and illegal dump on my private property and now I am stuck with this mess and no one with the builder will respond to my attempts. Do I have any legal recourse? Should I file a police report even though it started a week ago? What agency would help me as a victim of an illegal dump?

Thanks.
You should file a police report.
Send them notice to clean it up. If they don't, hire someone to clean it up. Send them the bill.
If they don't pay, sue them in small claims for the amount of the cleanup bill.

TABBY411

That is the only thing I haven't done yet but should have immediately. I plan on doing it Friday so I hope that it isn't too late since the dumpimg occurred 9 days ago. The company manager called today and said they must get it out of there but that is the same thing the division manager said and the superintendent, who caused this, is not responding at all. They are handling this as usual where they keep saying they need to do something but only play a waiting game. Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">