• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

selecting questions to answer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ooboo

Hi,
Just wondering how to get a reply, I noticed that some questions are answered right away and there are some that have been on here for a while and have no replies posted. Is that because there are no available legal experts in that area of the country at the time or did those people get a personal reply and it doesn't show up here ? If I were on the wrong forum for the topic would someone let me know ? Thanks for your time. Oobie

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Ooboo said:
Hi,
Just wondering how to get a reply, I noticed that some questions are answered right away and there are some that have been on here for a while and have no replies posted. Is that because there are no available legal experts in that area of the country at the time or did those people get a personal reply and it doesn't show up here ? If I were on the wrong forum for the topic would someone let me know ? Thanks for your time. Oobie

My response:

That's a very good set of questions.

Answering questions depends upon a whole host of different factors. Some are more complex than others. Suffice it to say, there are about 10 or so "regulars" on these boards, and only five of which (that I am aware) are attorneys, including myself, among all the rest that just pop in and pop out.

Time is a big factor, but reasons for non-answer can range from a simple "I don't know" to "Gee, I wish I could understand what this person is saying" to "What State is this person writing from?" among many, many, many other circumsances - - not the least of which is that most of us attorneys practice or specialize in various other areas of law, and you'll find those other attorneys mostly on other boards having nothing to do with Family Law. We are all unpaid volunteers who, without any rules telling us otherwise, can "cherry pick" whichever questions we wish to answer. And yes, if your question was so far afield from the Board it was posted to, one of us would tell you, and also let you know which board would be better for your questions.

Take "Mort" for example on this board, with his post concerning "Marital Property". He tried to be nasty. So, I cut him off. Look for his post and you'll see what I mean.

As for me? I go to most of the Boards and try to help.

Thanks for writing.

IAAL

[Edited by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE on 12-20-2000 at 01:12 AM]

Ooboo

thank you IAAL

Thank you for your reply. I appreciate the time dontated here, email is time consuming when you work full time and then spend your off hours doing this. Should I ask my question about selling property again, I submitted it on the 18th ? Perhaps I wasn't clear about what I wanted to know ? I just need to know if he can charge me with theft or larceny if I go ahead and sell this tractor. It does make me a little angry that he lets it just sit out in the weather and there's no reason why he couldn't have gotten it by now if it meant anything to him since he retired this year and hunts everyday. It does also involve money since I admit I could really use what I could get to catch up bills. He's been gone for over 2 years and it's still here. Again, thanks for your time, I don't have the extra cash right now to go to a lawyer, although I could trade you a cat in return for advice . LOL. Of course they're pedigreed : ) Oobie

LegalBeagle

Ooboo said:
Hi,
No more than one page.. Lower case. PARAGRAPHS!! with clear questions at the end and numbered.

Those types of posts have more chance at being answered.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">