• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this covered by worker's comp?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Y

yyang5823

My husband injurded his back on the job about 1.5 years ago. After the incident, the employer paid for the medical expenses, and the salary for 6 weeks when you was unable to work. Recently, his has severe back pain and unable to perform the normal work. He followed doctor's recommendations and rested at home for 2 weeks. This lost of income is caused by previous injury. Should this be covered by worker's comp? We live in Michigan. If the answer is yes, how should we proceed to get this issue resolved?

L

LadyBlu

yyang5823 said:
My husband injurded his back on the job about 1.5 years ago. After the incident, the employer paid for the medical expenses, and the salary for 6 weeks when you was unable to work. Recently, his has severe back pain and unable to perform the normal work. He followed doctor's recommendations and rested at home for 2 weeks. This lost of income is caused by previous injury. Should this be covered by worker's comp? We live in Michigan. If the answer is yes, how should we proceed to get this issue resolved?
Yes it should be if it is the same problem he had previously. If there was a workers comp claim filed at the time of the original injury he should contact the WCC in Michigan and have them send him the paperwork to complete for the claim. Be warned, he should have received a Maximum Medical Improvement rating (MMI) at the time he returned to work. This will be very important as it determines if there was a percentage of disability.

Also, did he get an MRI done at the time of the original injury? There are alot of injuries to the back that cannot be diagnosed properly without an MRI as it shows the soft tissues that a regular x ray doesnt. I personally would not go through dealing with Workers Comp claims without an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">