• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what recourse should I take

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jezzbell51

I've been injured at work. I was going to physical therapy(4 weeks). During this time they had layoffs at the plant. I was a full time employee(had my 90 days in) was still going to therapy and got laid off. Should I file for workmens comp. unemployment(which I doubt I qualify). I haven't completed my treatment since I've been laid off. When I asked if they were going to start calling people back to work the person who hires just shrugged his shoulders and blew me off like it was nothing. He walked off and I wasn't even able to ask him about continuing my therapy on my hand. Should I have been laid off while I was still under a doctors care for an on the job injury?
Would appreciate any info you can give me.

L

LadyBlu

jezzbell51 said:
I've been injured at work. I was going to physical therapy(4 weeks). During this time they had layoffs at the plant. I was a full time employee(had my 90 days in) was still going to therapy and got laid off. Should I file for workmens comp. unemployment(which I doubt I qualify). I haven't completed my treatment since I've been laid off. When I asked if they were going to start calling people back to work the person who hires just shrugged his shoulders and blew me off like it was nothing. He walked off and I wasn't even able to ask him about continuing my therapy on my hand. Should I have been laid off while I was still under a doctors care for an on the job injury?
Would appreciate any info you can give me.
File the WC claim and see a couple of attorneys to find out what your rights are. You can also claim unemployment, as unemployment requirements are different for disabilities then SSI and WC.

In other words you can still claim both. As long as you are able to seek employment and if the appropriate job came along that you would be able to do you should be able to get the UE benefits.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">