• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HELP!!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

snugglebuggg

I was wondering if there is any websites on the internet to find out if you have a warrant out for your arrest..I moved to a different state and I've heard from friends back in Indiana that I might have a warrant out for me...Can you help?

S

snugglebuggg

Also, I forgot to ask how long is a warrant valid? If you go to court in another state for let's say custody do they check for warrants in other states? Thanks...

S

snugglebuggg

Geez...Doesn't anyone answer questions in this topic? Please if someone can at least guess it would be helpful

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Warrants don't expire. Not like milk. Basically, if it is years and years and years, the charges can be dismissed at the pre-trial phase based on a statute of limitations violation. But this statute of limitations depends on the state and the crime.

As for warrants --> you can hire an attorney to inquire for you. You can hire a private investigator to run a search. Sometimes the local sheriff's department or police department have their warrants posted online.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">