• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contractor wants to charge more

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Derrick1

What is the name of your state? NJ, building new home, signed last year, house was demolished around Aug. 2005, due to Artichect's mistake grading level was off and had to put the project on hold till grading level is correct, contractor started building in may 2006, after laying foundation wants more money says it's in contract, but don't find any clause for price increase, ( contract does not mention can OR cannot ) decided to pay for now cannot afford him to leave job unfinished, have to pay him now by check for price increase do i have course to recover, was thninking aobut suing after the home is completed. is paying him now did i admitted and committed to his price increase ?

seniorjudge

Derrick1 said:
What is the name of your state? NJ, building new home, signed last year, house was demolished around Aug. 2005, due to Artichect's mistake grading level was off and had to put the project on hold till grading level is correct, contractor started building in may 2006, after laying foundation wants more money says it's in contract, but don't find any clause for price increase, ( contract does not mention can OR cannot ) decided to pay for now cannot afford him to leave job unfinished, have to pay him now by check for price increase do i have course to recover, was thninking aobut suing after the home is completed. is paying him now did i admitted and committed to his price increase ?
Post this in one of the many other threads you started on construction problems.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">