• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help, Quick!!!! Need some advise

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Ckret01

Hello, a am new to this site.

I work in an environment of approx. 50 employees.

There is a Christmas party today in about four hours at a hotel. I can't make it.
I was advised by my manager that I will not attend.

Two weeks prior, I advised the person in charge that I will not be attending, everything was fine, till yesterday.

Yesterday, I advised my manger that I will not be attending and that I notified the person in charge two weeks prior.

He advised me that I WILL BE ATTENDING.
My reply, " The party was not mandatory and it was a a choice to go"
He advise, "We will see, you are going!"
My reply, " I didn't recieve any statement regading that I everybody has to attend or a verbal agreement"
He advised, "We will see tommorrow"

NOTE:
This was in confidence in his office. He later came out of his office and advised everybody that I am not going.
It was a personel issue not an everybody issue.

Today, again I was advised I was going.
My reply, "I didn't have any time to prepare because I advised the person in charge I was not attending(everybody here is dress up)

His reply "You are still going"

I advised him I appreciate the offer, however I still am not attending. It was achoice in attending not mandatory. I will not feel comfortable being I am not dressed and it is against my will to go, plus ther was no prior comfirmation in a mandatory attendance.

His reply, I am going to another manager to make you go!

Can anybody help me!!!!!!!!!

J

jimmy40

not a lawyer or responsible for my answers. Don't take these literally.

1. slip you boss a mickey in a glass of water an hour before the party. He won't notice your there.

2. Plant drugs in his car and call the cops an hour before the party.

3. Cut the brakes on your bosses car.

4. Hire a stripper to show up at work. Have her go to your bosses office and take off her clothes. But before that you call his wife to show up 5 minutes after the stripper as he wanted her to come there to drive together to the party.

5. Go to human resources and tell them your boss made a pass at you. (straight or gay it doesn't matter) Don't matter what sex it will be affective.

6. Throw up on your boss by accident and then claim your really not feeling well.

7. Call the hotel and tell them your company has decided to cancel the party.

8. Hang pictures of Charles Manson and other serial killers around your desk and then kneel and pray to them.

9. Walk up to your boss and tell them your friends are having a party after the party with the Hells Angels and if he requires you to go to this party, they'll require him to go to their party.

10. If you have to go to the party, hang around your boss the whole time, don't leave his side, making real corny jokes and telling him how in love with yourself you are. When his boss comes around, say something like, is he the one you make fun of all day? I don't understand why you think he's so stupid if he's your boss.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">