• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help - Process Server Did Not Serve.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

memah56

What is the name of your state? IDAHO

I have a court date tomorrow. I was served the "Motion for Contempt" on April 21. That is ALL I was served. I called the Clerk of the Court to get a Court date since there wasn't one in the paper work that I was served. I went to the Court Friday to review the file before Court tomorrow. In the file is a "sworn testimony of a "process server" that he served me a copy of the; 1-summons", 2-Notice of hearing, and 3-Motion for Contempt.

All I was served was the "motion for contempt". In the Summons it states that I have 20 days to respond, which would have been the 15th of May.

I panicked! I am representing myself. I called my ex's lawyer and left a message regarding this and asking her to call me back. That was on Friday, but I haven't heard anything from her.

I don't know what to do about this. Of course I will tell the Judge tomorrow, but this process server has sworn under oath that he served me all of this, and he did not! It will be my word against his. I am worried that I was supposed to respond within 20 days. Is there anything else I can do about this? Will I lose the case because I didn't respond? I know this was not done on purpose because I do not even know the guy who served me but it isn't fair that he is swearing under oath to something that is not the truth.

Thanks for your time in listening to me and thanks for any advice you can give me, I will deeply appreciate it....I am so stressed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">