• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Vehicle swap

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

flat8up

Here goes... My boyfriend got divorced in a "Mickey Mouse" court of law in Oklahoma. Can the divorce case be re-tried due to misrepresentation? He was given the truck that is in her name, and she the car that is in his name. He can not sell, trade in, or even tag the truck with Florida tags, (where we reside now) due to this decision. There is no middle ground between the two parties, therefore a civil conversation to ask to sign over the vehicles in each others name is out of the question. She is missing payments on the car, sending his credit down the drain, and he is steadily maintaining hers with on-time payments for the truck.

F

flat8up

Hope I didn't offend anyone with my "Mickey Mouse" reference. What I meant by misrepresentation was...

1. Lawyer's negligence to return phone calls. He's in OK, we're in FL. "Never in, out to lunch, or in court" was heard more often than not.
2. "Forgot" to inform us of Judges mistake in scheduling, making a 1300 mile drive to OK from FL un-neccesary. Trial got re-scheduled for one month later.
3. Not fighting for the vehicles to be swapped out or names changed. Who in their right mind would go for that?

So in essence, my question is, do we have a chance for a re-trial? If not, how do we go about tagging the truck that's in her name with Florida plates for him to drive? Thanks for your time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">