• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

hostile work invironment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DarkLaw

What is the name of your state? Colorado, Ok here is my story.. My ex and I cofouned and ran a non profit organization together. We have split up not to long ago and she has made it impossible to work together, In our bylaws we had it written that neither her or I could be voted out of office, we had to leave under our own choice and elect someone to take that postion. Now she is working to force me off the board, Her new boyfriend is also a board member who as has made threats against my life because im fighting for my rights as a Executive Director? what can be done about this? is there a lawsuit ?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
This is not something that is addressed under employment laws. (BTW, a hostile work environment does not exist unless you are being subjected to either sexual harassment or illegal discrimination under Title VII and related laws - it does not mean what most people think it means.) Any options you have as to being forced off the board will be addressed in your bylaws or your corporation agreement; the law does not dictate how these issues will be handled.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">