• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Separation vs house keys

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

AllStar

State: Pennsylvania Female: 42yo. Separated from spouse of 8 years for 5 weeks. 1 child. Changed lock on back door. Mortgage and deed in both names. House purchased 2 years ago (very little equity built up). Me: filed Cpt 13 this week due to his lazy butt. No formal separation agreement as no such things as "formal separation in PA". Do I have to provide him full access to home? He is moving into an apt in a few weeks and I am afraid he will come in rob me blind. House was purchased with borrowed money from my retirement. House was re-done with my money (credit cards, etc.) (No joint credit cards - only {now closed} checking joint account. Have asked for no child support in return for quit claim deed to the home. BK lawyer says don't worry about quit claim deed, go for getting his name from the deed itself. What about this option? Viable? What rights do I have since hs voluntarily left the home after I told him I was seeing an attorney about filing for divorce?????

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">