• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is it legal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

richt127

I am a secretary working for a Broker in a Real Estate Firm. One of my duties are to answer his emails after consulting with him first. Recently, one of his early associate told me to "GET LOST" or she will take legal actions against me if I continue replying her emails to my broker. It is my job to answer my broker's emails especially when the broker addresses me to do so.

Does anyone have any documents proving that it is legal to do that as my job? or can maybe give me some advice. Thanks in advance!

seniorjudge

richt127 said:
I am a secretary working for a Broker in a Real Estate Firm. One of my duties are to answer his emails after consulting with him first. Recently, one of his early associate told me to "GET LOST" or she will take legal actions against me if I continue replying her emails to my broker. It is my job to answer my broker's emails especially when the broker addresses me to do so.

Does anyone have any documents proving that it is legal to do that as my job? or can maybe give me some advice. Thanks in advance!
If you make it clear that it is you that is making the answer and not the broker, then I don't see where she has a complaint.

Obviously, you need to discuss this with your boss; maybe he wants to give this nincompoop some special treatment.

richt127 said:

My response:

Your question has nothing to do with "law." It is an internal, business, matter. Take it up with your boss.

IAAL

richt127

What I mean was, she is accusing me of reading her "confidential emails" when the broker told me to email her back with an answer.

My broker told me to send her a reminder email that a large sum of phone bill needed to be taken care of by her, she then replied my email saying that I need to GET LOST or she will take legal actions if I am unable to meet her request.

richt127 said:
What I mean was, she is accusing me of reading her "confidential emails" when the broker told me to email her back with an answer.

My broker told me to send her a reminder email that a large sum of phone bill needed to be taken care of by her, she then replied my email saying that I need to GET LOST or she will take legal actions if I am unable to meet her request.

My response:

Perhaps you have a comprehension problem understanding what I have already told you. Perhaps the client is tired of reading your emails because you have a poor grasp of the English language. After reading your above posts, and if this is any example of how you write, then if you were my employee, you would no longer be my employee.

IAAL

richt127

That she has problems :)

I just want to reply her threat / harassment email with some sense, thats all.

fairisfair

richt127 said:
That she has problems :)

I just want to reply her threat / harassment email with some sense, thats all.
I believe COMMON sense might tell you not to reply to her emails at all.:rolleyes:

richt127

Seems like I have mistakenly posted in the english forums. I was just looking for some advice regarding a small personal issue, but I guess people here would rather jump on my case for grammatical errors and writing rather than advice. Thanks for your time anyway. :)

seniorjudge

richt127 said:
Seems like I have mistakenly posted in the english forums. I was just looking for some advice regarding a small personal issue, but I guess people here would rather jump on my case for grammatical errors and writing rather than advice. Thanks for your time anyway. :)
You actually got accurate and correct responses. Re-read them.

fairisfair

richt127 said:
you got your advice
1. This is not a legal issue
2. Address the problem with your boss
3. Spend more time with your grammar and use of the English language

richt127

Maybe I represented myself in a wrong way, and I apologize for that. It was just a bit frustrating to get a harassment email for doing my job, maybe it was in my instincts to have the thought of "an eye for an eye" by replying that email, but that would not have been common sense.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">