• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Voice Recorders and Verbal Abuse in Workplace

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

WallyAnti

What is the name of your state? Texas

Hi, I have a friend who has had trouble with her supervisor for several years (15+). Her supervisor is verbally abusive and treats workers differently based on race. She has started to stand up for herself more and is now worried that there may be repercussions and that ultimately she may lose her job. She has decided to keep a diary to record all of the instances of abuse and is considering buying a digital voice recorder. My questions are:

1) Will digital voice recordings be admissible in court? Should she use a traditional tape recorder instead?

2) If it is admissible what are the ramifications?

3) Is there anything else that she might consider doing?

seniorjudge

WallyAnti said:
What is the name of your state? Texas

Hi, I have a friend who has had trouble with her supervisor for several years (15+). Her supervisor is verbally abusive and treats workers differently based on race. She has started to stand up for herself more and is now worried that there may be repercussions and that ultimately she may lose her job. She has decided to keep a diary to record all of the instances of abuse and is considering buying a digital voice recorder. My questions are:

1) Will digital voice recordings be admissible in court? Should she use a traditional tape recorder instead?

Hi, I have a friend who has had trouble with her supervisor for several years (15+).

Why isn't your "friend" posting?

A: This is up to the judge and the circumstances under which the recordings were gotten.

A: What is the meaning of life?

A: No, really...what is the meaning of life?

Go to the Dept of Labor website. Follow the links and read about "harrassment". If your situation fits the criteria, fill out one of their online claim forms. If your complaints are valid, maybe they'll accept your claim and investigate the company.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">