• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Extra for Removing Asbestos

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NJSanju1

What is the name of your state? NJ, rebuilding new home, builder did visited the house couple of times, he knew what he was demolishing, after signing the contract the domilishion guy noticed Asbestos shingles, builder needs extra b'case that's not cover in contract (wrong contract does include demolishing the house) i paid for removing asbestos, thinking i will sue him after the whole house is completed because he can screw me more later on. Can i sue him later or it's too late ?

Some Random Guy

Demolishing a house and demolishing one with asbestos are two completely different things. The contractor was up front with you and gave you a change order as soon as he saw that the situatio nwas changed. You agreed to that change by paying the additional costs and did nothing to prevent the contractor from incurring the extra expense of removing the asbestos.

The contractor has done nothing wrong except for not recognizing that the shingles were asbestos. The time for discussing that is long gone.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">