• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can my former supervisor be held responsible for causing me Post Traumatic Stress?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MonaD

Before I ask this question I need to explain the entire events of my former work place. I was initially a full time counselor for a mental health company. My first supervisor then asked me to become a case manager with a pay raise and stated that if I did not like the job I could go back to a full time therapist. (No I do not have that agreement in writing) When I asked for my old position back my supervisor (Rita) stated that she needed time to get my full time position back but until then I could work as a supplemental employee and she would give me a set numbr of hours until I was salaried. A few months later she quit and denied she promised me this. My new supervisor (Jill) had in the past made a sexual advance to me and I blew her off since she was not my boss. I also butted heads with her when I case managed since she had it set up that her current lover get all of the clients that needed infertility counseling. I expressed to her and coworkers that this is inapproriate due to a conflict of interest. Well, I never got my full time position back and Jill made sure I never got another client at this company. The company is one of the biggest managed health care companies in the USA. My case load from January 2000-May2000 dropped from 32 to 3 hours a week. During this time I developed Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and am now financially ruined going into banckruptcy and am getting a divorce from my spouse of 13 years. I tried to work with this other office that kicked me out after my psychiatrist wrote them a letter to be tolerant of me during this time. Now due to the discrimination of both places my PTSD keeps me from being able to work. I am expected to move out of my home soon and have no money coming in. I have during this time lost 20 pounds, have insomnia, wake up in a panic with panic attacks, no concentration, suicidal thoughts, and a loss of hope. I have never had problems with any mental illness in the past. I NEED HELP!!!! I WANT JUSTICE!!!! My life goal since I have no others at this point is to make sure she pays financially for what she did to me. I have no money to pay an attorney. I also went to human resources to file a complaint and they swept everything under the carpet. They did not even have their facts straight as is obvious from the letter they wrote me. I cannot ever recover or move on with my life until I see justice served. This lady is a psychologist that can harm others like myself or clients. I do have contact with a former client of hers that has a complaint against her. The American Psychological Association (APA) denied her claim as well as mine and also chose to look the other way. I am 41 and have worked my way up from a single uneducated mom on welfare at one point to getting my masters degree in counseling. I now have nothing and am worse off then before I started college due t a $120,000.00 student loan debt. Can anyone help or are there any suggestions?

[Edited by MonaD on 12-21-2000 at 09:59 AM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">