• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

UNSAFE lane change

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ltmoua

What is the name of your state? California

I got a ticket for CVC 21658(a) Unsafe Lane Change and the officer wrote (Warning Unsafe Speed 50+)

What is the penality for my ticket and will the "Warning Unsafe Speed 50+" affect my vialotaion ?
HOw much will all this cost ?
Any info will be greatful

thanksWhat is the name of your state?

CdwJava

The warning won't effect the fine.

The standard fee and additional penalties should be $136. However, 30 counties may exceed the total bail as prescribed in the Uniform Bail Schedule, and there may be some additional fees assessed.

- Carl

Some Random Guy

Carl,

I don't know if this is the way it works in CA, but that notation sure sounds to me like "if you make me go through the hassle of testifing in court to this, I'll get the ADA to slap on a 'driving too fast for conditions' citation"

CdwJava

Some Random Guy said:
Carl,

I don't know if this is the way it works in CA, but that notation sure sounds to me like "if you make me go through the hassle of testifing in court to this, I'll get the ADA to slap on a 'driving too fast for conditions' citation"
I suppose it's a possibility, but I'd have to say it's a slim one. Once its filed, its filed. Once the defendant appears in court at the arraignment, it's pretty much done. And the police don't get notified of the arraignment, so there would be no easy way for us to get tipped off to a contested citation until it's already in the court.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">