• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Vulgar words in the workplace

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

zwhid

What is the name of your state? MI

While talking with my the stock room manager at work the store manager came up to me and threatened me with a vulgar name and said that if I don't speed up my work that I can't work there anymore. Later in the day in confronting him on the incident he told me that he never said that and that if he doesnt have any memory of the incident then it never happened. There was a person in the room with me who heard him say it. What can I do about this?

zwhid said:
What is the name of your state? MI

While talking with my the stock room manager at work the store manager came up to me and threatened me with a vulgar name and said that if I don't speed up my work that I can't work there anymore. Later in the day in confronting him on the incident he told me that he never said that and that if he doesnt have any memory of the incident then it never happened. There was a person in the room with me who heard him say it. What can I do about this?

My response:

Can you please explain how a "vulgar name" can be threatening?

IAAL

Beth3

You can complain to your boss's boss but that's it. Your boss was rude but he didn't break any laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">