• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bad Panasonic TV

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

helicase

What is the name of your state? North Carolina

I purchased a Panasonic PT50LC13 TV about two years ago. There is a known problem with the bulbs in these televisions which cost about $300 to replace and burn out after anywhere from 1 month to 1 year. This is in addition to a large array of other technical problems seen in these defective televisions. Panasonic will do nothing. I have seen hundreds and hundreds of posts on consumer websites about this product, many hoping to get in on a class action lawsuit. I know nothing about lawsuites like this. Can anyone tell me if this problem is worthy of such a lawsuit and how they get started? If you do a simple search for "PT50LC13 problems" you will see exactly what I mean.

JoshWhat is the name of your state?

seniorjudge

helicase said:
What is the name of your state? North Carolina

I purchased a Panasonic PT50LC13 TV about two years ago. There is a known problem with the bulbs in these televisions which cost about $300 to replace and burn out after anywhere from 1 month to 1 year. This is in addition to a large array of other technical problems seen in these defective televisions. Panasonic will do nothing. I have seen hundreds and hundreds of posts on consumer websites about this product, many hoping to get in on a class action lawsuit. I know nothing about lawsuites like this. Can anyone tell me if this problem is worthy of such a lawsuit and how they get started? If you do a simple search for "PT50LC13 problems" you will see exactly what I mean.

JoshWhat is the name of your state?

Q: Can anyone tell me if this problem is worthy of such a lawsuit and how they get started?

A: It depends on how much time and money you want to spend on a $300 bulb.

racer72

Do a Google search of virtually any consumer product plus problems and you will find a long list of websites. Just because the product is a piece of crap does not warrant a class action lawsuit, there must be some sort of intent of deceiving the public or other violation of the law.

helicase

Thanks, It is just so unnerving to spend so much money on a product from such a well known company to find out that the product is crap. That was supposed to be a big treat for ourselves as we can't simply go out and buy another one.

steveatx

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the lemon law pertain to brand new cars, not years-old household appliances?

BL

helicase said:
Well, then perhaps you could point me to the equivalent section for anything other than cars.

You would be pointed to your warranty . If expired , your out the TV . Buy a New or used one .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">