• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Delaying Until it is to late, Mass

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dragonnh

My Mother is dying of Cancer and is trying to get divorced in the state of Mass before then end. The doctors gave her a month to live in February and we have been blessed that she is still with us. Her lawyer seems to be stalling the proceedings and not trying to move this along at all. Today after waiting five weeks for real estate appraisals which we are told we need to move forward, our lawyer said that the guy never got the order for them from the other lawyer but maybe they would be done in two to thee more weeks. Now that is 5 weeks wasted my Mom does not have and we repeatedly asked and pushed to find out what was going on with them, to no avail. There have been similar instances of these types of things, which stall or delay and I am starting to feel both lawyers almost want nothing to happen and my mom to pass and be done with it. I know we should get a new lawyer but time and money make that impossible.

My question is, can I ask the courts to investigate the two lawyers or the case to make sure it is being handled legitimately?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">