• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

seperation/used as divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

truluv4ali

I am divorced now almost 3 yrs...I signed wHat a paper titled "seperation agreement".....it was tHen represented in tHe courts 24 Hours later as a divorce settlement...I was not present....I signed tHis paper for my ex's lawyer...due to myself not able to attend tHe Hearing...Two days later I recieved tHe same papers back...witH a divorce decree attacHed to tHe back....I live in Kansas...and He maried 5 weeks later...Am I really divorced? Can I do anytHing.....
tHanks...alison

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

truluv4ali said:
I am divorced now almost 3 yrs...I signed wHat a paper titled "seperation agreement".....it was tHen represented in tHe courts 24 Hours later as a divorce settlement...I was not present....I signed tHis paper for my ex's lawyer...due to myself not able to attend tHe Hearing...Two days later I recieved tHe same papers back...witH a divorce decree attacHed to tHe back....I live in Kansas...and He maried 5 weeks later...Am I really divorced? Can I do anytHing.....
tHanks...alison

Well, the first thing you can do is ask Santa for a new keyboard; one where the H doesn't stick in the capital position.

If you signed final divorce papers, you're divorced and there's not a thing you can do about it now.

I would suggest, that since we can't see the papers, that you go to the courthouse where the papers were filed and ask the clerk to allow you to review the court file.

IAAL

T

truluv4ali

Thank you....for responding...the papers I signed titled "seperation"..I didn't have legal councel...I didn't know I was Divorced...tll...I signed and his lawyer saud to me...to move on...as he (my ex)had...I said as soon as I am divorced...then you can say this...his reply was....you were divorced the minute you signed..on the line....I just looked at him...I was married for 20 yrs...I lost everything..I really wish to know if I can bring it back to court...to be reviewed...I am just lost...and tired of feeling like this...
And yes...a new keyboard would be wonderful..if you happen to see SANTA...Iwould appreciate a good word...I am a good girl...and cute to damn it.....
Thanks to all...
Alison

LegalBeagle

Why have you waited so long ? The very moment you go those papers back you should have been down the court house... or at least to another attorney. At the time, you could have looked to see if the papers you signed were changed or fraud was involved. However, after 3 years, there really is not a lot that can be done..

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

truluv4ali said:
I am a good girl...and cute to damn it.....
My response:

Care to be a "not-so-nice" girl ?

And, I just love your phrase, "and cute to damn it". If you're cute, I don't want "to damn it" !

Good luck to you, Allison.

IAAL

T

truluv4ali

Seperation/used as divorce....

Dear Santa...
Your e-mail addy is??? Say..have you been nauty or nice.....alison
it's me damn it

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">