• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Arrest Warrant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JC4U2

What is the name of your state? California
I received a violation for driving on a suspended licence on 10/26/01. I never appeared in court. An arrest warrant was issued. On 12/02/01 I was given a ticket with a new appearence date of 1/02/02, of which I did not appear. I recently went to the DMV to get my licence and they said I had to clear the FTA before I could get a licence. Last month I was arrested in the same county and spent 9 days in jail and was taken to 3 different courts were I had warrants, and I was released under the impression that I had no outstanding warrants. I was never taken to the court with the 10/26/01 violation date nor was I given a notice to appear.
My question, "Is there a length of time that an arrest warrant for FTA is good for?"
If there is, how do I go about getting it off the DMV records so I can get my licence back? I really need to get it so I won't have any more of these problems again. Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

justalayman

The warrant is good until it is served or rescinded by the court that issued it.ou need to call the court that issued the warrant and ask them how to surrender for their warrant or how to answer it.

Until you answer for the warrant, it will be waiting for you.

CdwJava

Take care of the warrants, clear up any outstanding fines or other holds on your license, THEN see about getting your license back.

As you were told, a warrant is forever.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">