• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Advice and ? on Unemployment Hearing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

semitran

Hello,

I live in Montana. The gist of the situation is, I have been denied my benefits by the Unemployment Insurance Agency after receiving a couple of checks. The reason being that a local employment agency filed a claim against me with UI saying that I had refused work with them. I have a telephone hearing coming up, probably within a month.

The evidence that the employment agency has presented to UI is an e-mail I sent where I made the statement "it doesn't look like a temporary position is doable at the moment" This was not an explicit refusal on my part and I looking for some legal backing to support this view. I'm looking for ways to argue this point; the legalise of wrangling the english language basically. Plus any case law that may support me.

Really, any advice on how to deal with the UI would be helpful..

Thanks

seniorjudge

semitran said:
Hello,

I live in Montana. The gist of the situation is, I have been denied my benefits by the Unemployment Insurance Agency after receiving a couple of checks. The reason being that a local employment agency filed a claim against me with UI saying that I had refused work with them. I have a telephone hearing coming up, probably within a month.

The evidence that the employment agency has presented to UI is an e-mail I sent where I made the statement "it doesn't look like a temporary position is doable at the moment" This was not an explicit refusal on my part and I looking for some legal backing to support this view. I'm looking for ways to argue this point; the legalise of wrangling the english language basically. Plus any case law that may support me.

Really, any advice on how to deal with the UI would be helpful..

Thanks

...The evidence that the employment agency has presented to UI is an e-mail I sent where I made the statement "it doesn't look like a temporary position is doable at the moment" This was not an explicit refusal on my part....

Sounds to me like a plain and clear refusal which is explicit and unambiguous.

Dandy Don

How long did you work for them?

Please clarify exactly what you meant by saying that a "temporary position is not DOABLE at the moment"? Did they offer you a specific position with a specific company that you refused? What was the exact reason that a temporary position was not appealing to you at that particular moment in time?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
And what does any of this have to do with disability and long term care insurance?

You'd have gotten more answers if you'd posted this up in the employment forums where it belongs, from people who actually work with unemployment issues on a regular basis (no offense intended to SJ and Don).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">