• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Florida Ticket Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fuegov8

What is the name of your state? Florida
I got stopped for speeding, the cop said he was going to give me a speeding fine but then changed his mind and gave me a moving violation instead. The ticket reads "SPEED LIMIT SIGN" as the violation. Would I be able to fight this in court? Should he have put how fast I was going on the ticket? DO I have the right to know how fast I was going? Do I have any recourse in getting it dismissed?
Thanks in advance

sukharev

Officer may have given you a break. Not only is it easier to get dismissed, it may even have minimal to no effect on your insurance record (you need to check that one, every state and insurance company is different).

fuegov8

I was on a motorcycle and he wanted to talk shop with me;) I'm still not sure if I can fight it and get it dismissed or should I throw my hands up and take the traffic course and pay the fine. What do you guys recommend. Remember, all the ticket says is "Speed Limit Sign" and it sites the particular statute. It doesn't say if I was going to fast or too slow or if I was flashing the sign:D ...you get my point, do you think I would have any recourse?
Thanks again

sukharev

If possible, talk to DA before trial, and try to negotiate for a non-moving violation. Of course, if facing the judge, you will have to plead guilty with explanation, and hope that he is lenient. Traffic school would work as a backup plan.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">