• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Have I been discriminated against?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kirby

In my former job, in Wisconsin, I managed a department and reported directly to the Vice President of Sales and Marketing. When he left the company, I had a period of not having a direct supervisor. I went to the president of the company to discuss my future and the future of my department. I had drawn out a flowchart showing positions, titles, and future growth. The president reviewed my flowchart and then informed me that my department was going to be reorganized that that my plan did not mesh with his. He then told me my position and title were being eliminated and I was offered a different position with no employees but still a management title. After approximately 2 months, my old position was given to a male employee, with exactly the job titles and positions I had suggested to the president before. I feel like there was never any intention to eliminate my position, but that the company was just looking for an excuse to replace me with a man. I also have two other female co-workers who were demoted for unexplained reasons. I'm wondering if it's worth pursuing a legal case??

J

jimmy40

I'm not a lawyer, but it sounds like he stole your idea and you might have a case since you have other witnesses to help you with your story. It's hard to prove though. I don't know the laws in your state. That happened to me when I working at this one place. I gave the manager an idea of what I thought would be a better way to create sales with the sales crew. I was fired two days later and the following week they implemented my idea. What a jerk. I was fired one time when I beat my manager in a tennis match. He was then fired a couple of months later and I got my job back. I was 19 then. Good luck and hopefully a lawyer hear will answer your question. If not, you can probably call a local attorney in your town who might give you a straight answer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">