• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Either pay me, fire me or let my find a new job!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Mogsi

I have been working in telecom sales for a small staart-up (25 employees) for 6 months now in Massachusetts. I agreed to and signed a contract which stated I would receive full salary for 3 months. For the next 3 months I would receive Half of that salary. After this 6 month period I would receive no salary, and then be on full commission. During the first 6 months i would also earn any commission from sales.

As it turned out, my salary was cut after 4 months for not achieving quota. I (and another colleague) were given a quota to reach which was nearly impossible. Both our salaries were cut. First question: Can they do this?

Next question:
They have not fired me although have made it clear they are not happy with my performance, have downgraded my laptop, taken my cell phone. I have not made any money for the month of Dec. If I quit, can I collect unemployment?

Last Question:
I signed a non-compete contract for which eliminates a good 50% of my job prospects. My boss encouraged me to look for a new job but told me they would sue me if I went to a competitor and sold a certain product. I paid $1000 out of pocket for my own training for this product. Will they be able to sue me? **Help**!!!!!

I am dejected, demoralized, depressed. My boss told me the other day he would never have hired me if he new i did not have enough computer skills required to sell these products.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">