• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this ethical?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NEmomof3

What is the name of your state? NE

Ok...long story short, I was assaulted by a family friend XXXXX. My brother-in-law DDDDDD, whom I have NEVER gotten along with, (this is documented as well as witnessed) has chosen to represent XXXXX. I want to know, 1 can he do this? Isn't there some sort of conflict of interest or something? 2 Should I let the County Atty. know that I know now that DDDDDD is representing XXXXXX? Some advice please...I'm already stressed enough over this assault and now this..I'm not sure I can handle anymore. Please help me. Thank you.

averad

What did these people have to say?

http://www.nebar.com/

*Chough* Ethics Section *Cough*

Google is kinda like teaching a man to fish:
Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime

rmet4nzkx

NEmomof3 said:
What is the name of your state? NE

Ok...long story short, I was assaulted by a family friend XXXXX. My brother-in-law DDDDDD, whom I have NEVER gotten along with, (this is documented as well as witnessed) has chosen to represent XXXXX. I want to know, 1 can he do this? Isn't there some sort of conflict of interest or something? 2 Should I let the County Atty. know that I know now that DDDDDD is representing XXXXXX? Some advice please...I'm already stressed enough over this assault and now this..I'm not sure I can handle anymore. Please help me. Thank you.
It might be their duty to disclose that fact to their client but call the NE bar for clarification.
CONTACT US AT:

635 S.14th Street
P.O. Box 81809
Lincoln, NE 68501

ph. (402) 475-7091
(800) 927-0117
fx. (402) 475-7098

NEmomof3

See the other issue is the brother-in-law is best friends with XXXXXX...I guess to me that is a conflict...I spent Christmas and Easter at the BIL's home....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">