• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I didnt know where else to post this.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Foxy3177

What is the name of your state? Illinois
Okay I work at a retail store and i was never asked to do post-duties after the store closed, i looked all over alone and i didnt see that it was illegal or not. I just saw that i must be paid for it. I was just wondering if it is unlawful. I was never asked to do after hours closing duties i was just told to go and do them. The schdual that was written for me says i work until 10pm but it seems that i am always told that I MUST STAY AND HELP OTHER DEPARMENTS clean up for the night before i go home.

seniorjudge

Foxy3177 said:
What is the name of your state? Illinois
Okay I work at a retail store and i was never asked to do post-duties after the store closed, i looked all over alone and i didnt see that it was illegal or not. I just saw that i must be paid for it. I was just wondering if it is unlawful. I was never asked to do after hours closing duties i was just told to go and do them. The schdual that was written for me says i work until 10pm but it seems that i am always told that I MUST STAY AND HELP OTHER DEPARMENTS clean up for the night before i go home.
Did you have a question?

fairisfair

it is not illegal for them to keep you after hours to clean up, they do have to pay you. unless. . . . how old are you??

Last edited:

eerelations

Too bad. This is legal so long as they pay you. If you don't want to work such late hours, find another job.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">